It Is Your Responsibility to Read and Understand This Information
You have just received your new Ashland University ID Card also known as the EagleCard. The new EagleCard program will provide the following services:
- Controlled access to buildings and facilities
- Prepaid debit retail sales capabilities
- Dining Services
- Controlled access to services and activities
To protect the card holder and University departments relying on the card, the following policies and procedures have been developed and apply to all individuals issued an EagleCard.
- Your EagleCard is for your use only. Do not loan your card to anyone else at anytime. To protect card holders, University staff will examine ID cards when presented for goods or services, to confirm that the card is being used by the person to whom it was issued. You will be responsible for any activity, service, privilege or sales transactions occurring on your card if it was loaned or given to another person.
- Additional ID may be requested to ensure the EagleCard belongs to the individual presenting the card.
- The EagleCard is the property of Ashland University. The EagleCard must be presented upon request by a University official. The card expires when the card holder is no longer affiliated with Ashland University.
- Your EagleCard must never be left with an individual or department as collateral for goods or services. Please notify the Card Office if you are asked to leave your card with anyone. You will be responsible for any activity, service, privilege or sales transaction occurring on your card if you leave your card with another person or department.
- Lost or stolen cards must be reported immediately to the EagleCard Office (ext 5076) during business hours or the Safety Services Office (Ext 5555) after business hours. A temporary card can be issued at that time. There is a $5 non-refundable fee to obtain a temporary card. Cards can also be reported lost or stolen on the Online Eaglecard website at www.eaglecardonline.com. The temporary card will be valid for 72 hours to allow time for a replacement card to be obtained. Replacement cards are generated in the Card Office, Lower Convocation/Student Dining. There is a $10 fee for each replacement card. If the temporary card is not returned, a $25 charge will be added to the students account. There is no charge for replacement of worn out cards, if the card is returned to the EagleCard Office.
- If your ID number or your name changes, you must notify the Eagle Card Office as soon as possible.
- To extend the life of your card, please handle your ID card carefully. Do not put it in the washing machine, dryer or dishwasher. Do not use it as a tool. Do not punch a hole in your card. Store your card in a protective sleeve or wallet.
- Tampering with an EagleCard magnetic stripe or bar code, data line or any related equipment, may subject the card holder to disciplinary procedures. If you witness misuse of a card or card reader, please call Safety Services.
Your Eagle Card is designed to accomplish a variety of tasks on campus and as an efficient and secure way to do business. Your cooperation with these policies and procedures will help us to obtain all of the benefits available from the ID system.