Committed to responding to the nutritional interest of the student body.
The mission of our nutrition program is to provide students with the information needed to make healthy eating choices in the dining area if they desire to do so. Several nutrition services are provided to ensure we meet this mission:
- A Nutrition Analysis provides nutrient information on the entrees plus items served in other areas such as the condiment area, dessert areas, salad bar and beverages.
- How to use Nutritional Analysis (download)
- Nutrition Fact Sheets are located in the dining area to provide information on topics of popular interest.
- Nutrition News is a regular feature in the Menu Gazette which provides tidbits of information from the world of nutrition.
- A Registered Dietitian is available to speak to students on an individual or group basis to help with special diets or help students eat healthy while living on campus.
SPECIAL DIETS, FOOD ALLERGIES
The Dining Services Department works in cooperation with the Student Health Services and the Registered Dietitian from Dining Services to provide for specific clinical dietary needs. However, a doctor's diet plan needs to be provided.
If you would like to make a suggestion on the types of nutrition services provided or would like to schedule an appointment with our dietitian, please leave a message along with your name and number at 419.289.5768 or leave your message in the comment box located in the Dining Area.
Developed by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the MyPlate guide has been included in this nutritional information to illustrate healthy eating behaviors. The link on this webpage will connect you to the MyPlate initiative on the USDA website. By using ChooseMyPlate.gov, you will be able to create a customized food guide based on your age, sex, weight, height and activity level.