- Professor Recommendation
- Overall GPA of 2.5 or higher
- A or B in course wishing to tutor
- An interest in helping students with an attitude of encouragement and support
- An interview with the Director of the Academic Success Center
- Successful completion of tutor training
TUTORS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Being prepared for tutoring session
- Timely communication with Academic Success Center and student(s) being tutored
- Submitting brief online “Session Report Form” after tutoring session
- For payment purposes, prompt submission of “Time Report” by Pay End Date
After notification from the Academic Success Center office to proceed with tutoring, it is the responsibility of the tutor to schedule convenient times for individual tutoring sessions in safe public areas.
Beginning tutors are paid $7.85/hour for both individual and group sessions. A raise of .25/hour will be granted after every two semesters of successful tutoring with requisite training.