Honoring our shared values
Personal integrity is important in everything you do now and throughout your life. For this reason, Ashland adopted its Statement on Ethical Leadership, which undergirds our Academic Integrity Policy. The statement reads:
“The Ashland community strives to model leadership which is based upon Judeo-Christian beliefs and virtues and which will encourage, develop and sustain men and women of character to serve their professions, their communities and the world.”
As a student at Ashland University, you are expected to hold yourself to the highest standards of academic, personal and social integrity including adherence to the academic standards of integrity outlined in this policy.
Information for Students & Faculty
Helpful handouts to avoid plagiarism and assist students in writing
- MLA Style Guide
- MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers, 6th edition
- When should I paraphrase, and when should I summarize?
- Linda Selig's Handouts for Writing Research Papers, Ashland University
- These guidelines taken from the Student Code of Rights, Responsibilities and Conduct from Indiana University can help you recognize what plagiarism looks like and what strategies you can use to avoid it.
- APA Formatting and Style Guide from Purdue University Online Writing Center
- About APA. How to write in APA style.
- Avoiding Plagiarism
- Best Practices for Researching and Drafting
- APA Crib Sheet