Perform services required for the cleaning and upkeep of buildings at Ashland University which consist of: living facilities, dining area, laundry areas, restrooms, classrooms and/or offices. Ensuring the outer perimeter of every building is clean and litter free is also required.
Clean and maintain living facilities, dining areas, restrooms, classrooms and/or offices (i.e. empty trash, replenish paper towels and toilet paper, dust, sweep, mop etc.) stairways, landings and floors. Other duties include: vacuuming and shampooing carpets, dusting and cleaning furniture, cleaning all windows, scrubbing and sanitizing sinks, toilets, showers, bathtubs and countertops. Responsibilities also include ordering supplies. This position requires the ability to work with various types of people, faculty, staff, students and administration and be able to work effectively in an environment subject to frequently changing priorities. Related or special tasks are assigned by the supervisor.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
• Travel to all areas of the University to perform tasks
• Perform tasks in high, low and tight spaces (i.e. closets, stairway, windows, lavatories and rooms)
• Lifting (i.e. boxes, trash, ladders and equipment)
• Hand cleaning (i.e. exposed to chemicals in cleaning products, dust, germs and dirt)
• Use and care of power equipment (i.e. vacuum cleaners, shampooers and other possible equipment used in connection with building cleaning)
• Reports to Supervisory Staff
• Follows basic housekeeping service policies and procedures including written and verbal instructions; equipment and supplies
• Refer unusual situations or problems to the supervisor
• Complete assignments and tasks according to instructions without error by requested deadline
• Worker completes regular tasks independently with supervisory review of final output
Please submit application to Ashland University, Peggy Kohler, 401 College Avenue, Ashland, OH 44805 or email email@example.com.