Reporting to the Vice President for Enrollment Management and Marketing, the Executive Director of Communications and Marketing oversees all aspects of the University's integrated marketing communication efforts to increase the university's visibility, brand-awareness, reputation and engagement with key external constituencies (especially prospective undergraduate and graduate students).
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide leadership to the Communications and Marketing department which includes Public Relations, Marketing, Web Services, Print Services and Graphic Design Services.
2. Annually create and implement an integrated marketing communications plan to support strategic goals of increasing undergraduate and graduate enrollment.
3. Provide direction for university mail campaigns, e-communications, advertising and print collateral projects.
4. Serve as the editor of the university magazine titled, "Accent".
5. Oversee and participate in content creation and design of the University's website, ensuring adoption and integration of appropriate new technologies to maximize information delivery and user engagement with the site.
6. In conjunction with event sponsors across the University, effectively promote special events.
7. Monitor and track annual budget.
Bachelor's degree required, master's degree desired.
• At least five years of experience in marketing, communications or related field.
• Higher education experience or service experience highly desired.
• Leadership and management experience required.
• Transformational leader with a proven ability to handle multiple tasks and projects.
• Proven ability to develop, execute and measure the effectiveness of integrated marketing communications programs.
• Proficient with technology and its application.
• Skilled marketing writer with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to engage and collaborate with people at all levels of the organization.
To apply, please send resume to Carrie Hartsel at email@example.com.