Applications for the 2014 IFEC Foodservice Communication Scholarships are available at www.ifeconline.com .
- A combination of your work experience and current and past education should indicated that you are preparing for a career in writing or public relations within the foodservice industry. This is a key requirement.
A. Examples of careers IFEC wishes to encourage through its scholarships:
- Food writer/journalist for foodservice industry print and online publications
- Public relations practitioner for restaurants, foodservice management companies, food producers, food marketing boards or culinary schools
- Food photographer or food stylist working iwth foodservice accounts
- Consultant or freelance writer providing marketing communications services for clients in foodservice
- Communications specialist promoting and/or writing about nutrition as it relates to erstaurants, school foodservice and other foodservice outlets
B. Examples of Careers that do not fit this niche include:
C. Examples of studies and work experiences considered applicable:
- Foodservice studies
- Communication studies
- Work experience
D. You must be a full-time college student enrolled as of March 15, 2014 working toward an associate's, bachelor's or master's degree. Enrollment must be in an accredited post-secondary educational institution in the U.S. Expected graduation date must be no earlier than January 1, 2015.
E. You should have a strong academic record, good character references and demonstrate financial need.