TIAA-CREF is pleased to help the employees of Ashland University plan for retirement. For over 90 years, we have been helping millions of people in the academic, medical, cultural and research fields plan for retirement. We offer you options to tailor your plan to your investment style and goals.
Life can be complicated, but planning for retirement doesn't have to be. To help you plan for your goals, we offer:
- Sound guidance. Speak with a TIAA-CREF consultant for answers that make sense for you.
- Retirement choices that suit your style.
- A simplified "one decision" strategy. You pick one from a series of new Lifecycle Funds targeted to your expected year of retirement.
- A "Build your own portfolio" strategy. You create your own long-term portfolio from a wide range of investment choices. You can refer to sample portfolios showing various risk tolerance levels.
- Low cost. TIAA-CREF is committed to keeping costs low, with expenses that are among the lowest in the variable annuity and mutual funds industries1.
- Top ratings. For its stability, sound investments, claims-paying ability and overall financial strength, TIAA currently holds the highest possible ratings from the four leading insurance company rating agencies: Standard & Poor's (AAA as of 8/2010), Moody's Investors Service (Aaa as of 7/2010), A.M. Best (A++ as of 12/2009) and Fitch (AAA as of 4/2010). These ratings don't apply to variable annuities, mutual funds or any other product or service not fully backed by TIAA's claims-paying ability. Ratings are subject to change. There is no guarantee that current ratings will be maintained.
If you are new to the Ashland University Retirement Plans, you must first enroll to take advantage of these investment strategies.
Securities and insurance products are: NOT FDIC-INSURED/NOT BANK-GUARANTEED/MAY LOSE VALUE.
If you are a current participant in one or more of the plans, check out our investment choices at the Office of Human Resources (106 Founders Hall) to see the new funds available to you.
Retirement Annuity (RA) TIAA Contract form series 1000.24/CREF Certificate series C1 000.11 STD.1
Group Supplemental Retirement Annuity (GSRA) TIAA Contract form series G1250.1 (GSRA's are not available in all states)/CREF Certified CG1250.1
1 Source: Morningstar Direct (June 2010) based on Morningstar expense comparisons by category.
All information provided by TIAA-CREF and Ashland University's Human Resources Department.