ASHLAND UNIVERSITY EAGLE CARD
- Ashland University Eagle Card or suitable photo ID must be presented to borrow library materials.
- Users must be registered for classes, be Ashland University faculty or staff or otherwise part of the Library's system.
- Visiting OhioLINK and SearchOhio patrons will need a current valid ID from their home institution.
Need an Eagle Card?
Visit the Eagle Card Office for more information (lower Convo, Student Dining).
NON-AFFILIATED LIBRARY BORROWERS
Persons not affiliated with Ashland University may apply for a courtesy card (i.e., community borrower card) at the Ashland University Library Circulation Desk. The cost is $15/year.
Courtesy card holders do not have OhioLINK borrowing privileges at Ashland University Library or other OhioLINK member libraries nor can they check out Ashland University Library's media or Instructional Resource Center (IRC) collection materials. For more information on Ashland University Library courtesy cards, please refer to Services for Visitors.
CIRCULATION POLICY & FINES (Ashland University materials only)
Books are checked out for a period of 21 days. All other items--CDs, DVDs, IRC materials, etc.--are checked out for a period of seven days.
You can renew books a maximum of four times. All other items--CDs, DVDs, IRC materials, etc.--can be renewed only once.
The maximum number of items you can have checked out simultaneously is as follows:
- books: 25
- music CDs: five
- DVDs, videocassettes, audiobooks, and software: three
- IRC materials and K-12 texts: 10
The maximum combined number of items you can have checked out simultaneously is 25 (ex. 20 books + 3 CDs + 2 DVDs = 25).
RESERVE POLICY & FINES
Items in the non-electronic reserve collection are subject to late fines as follows:
- Hourly reserves -- 50¢ per hour
- Daily reserves -- 50¢ per day
The replacement fee for lost reserve items is the cost of the item and a processing fee.
OHIOLINK & SEARCHOHIO POLICIES
OhioLINK and SearchOhio policies differ from Ashland University Library policies in that these entities charges $.50/day for each overdue item.
Additionally, for OhioLINK materials, on the 30th day of being overdue the fine changes automatically to $50. A $125 fine is charged for OhioLINK materials that are lost, destroyed or not returned.
OhioLINK and SearchOhio policies and fines are determined solely by those entities and therefore cannot be waived by Ashland University.
For more information about OhioLINK policies, go to the following OhioLINK FAQ page.
LOAN PERIOD FACTS
- The maximum number of items a student may borrow at any given time is twenty-five (25).
- Materials should be returned to the location at which they were checked out. However, they may be returned to any OhioLINK member library. Keep in mind, they cannot be checked in until they reach the Ashland University Library. This may result in late fees.
- Practicum and dissertations may circulate to Ashland University graduate students for a period of three months.
- A one-day grace period for lateness may be applied.
- Circulation privileges for students cease once fines equal or exceed $10.
- OhioLINK circulation privileges for faculty and staff cease once fines equal or exceed $25.
- Ashland University faculty may arrange for an extended circulation period for Ashland University Library materials. Please note that extended faculty loans are subject to recall.
There are three ways to renew materials:
- Renew online -- Log in to your library account via the MY LIBRARY ACCOUNT quick link on the Ashland University Library homepage. (Note: Renewal online only works up through the day before the due date.)
- Renew in person -- At the Ashland University Library Circulation Desk.
- Renew by phone -- Call the Ashland University Library Circulation Desk at 419.289.5400 (x5400 on campus).
Ashland University Library materials may be renewed up to four times unless another patron has placed a hold on a given item. Recall notices will be sent to you via your Ashland University e-mail account if an item is needed.
Materials cannot be renewed if you have a library fine that equals or exceeds $10.
All materials must be physically presented at the Circulation Desk for renewal at the end of each semester.
All items may be returned to the Ashland University Library Circulation Desk. For after hours returns, Ashland University Library has a book drop located at service entrance on the building's west side (between the Chapel and Bixler Hall).
OHIOLINK & SEARCHOHIO PICKUP
Items delivered to Ashland University Library may only be picked up and checked out by the person placing the OhioLINK or SearchOhio request. Please do not send someone to pick up your materials on your behalf. The Library is unable to accommodate this request.
HOLDS & RECALLS
If you need an item that is already checked out, go to the Circulation Desk and request that a "hold" be placed on the item. The staff will notify you when the item is available for you to check out.
Any materials checked out to you can be recalled. A recall notice will be sent to you. The notice may contain a new due date. You must abide by the new due date. Please therefore pay close attention to any notice you receive from the Library. Recall messages will also appear in your library account among the list of materials you have checked out.
Due dates are stamped on Library materials during the original check out. You are responsible for abiding by the due dates assigned to your materials.
Any questions regarding overdue notices should be addressed to the Ashland University Library Circulation Desk at 419.289.5400 (x5400 on campus).
As a courtesy, the Ashland University Library sends overdue notices by e-mail to your Ashland University e-mail account. If your primary e-mail account is not your Ashland University e-mail account, we recommend setting your Ashland University account to forward messages. Ashland University Library Courtesy Card holders who provide a current email address for their record will receive overdue notices via e-mail.
Ashland University Library reference materials are for in-library use only. They cannot be checked out, but you are welcome to make photocopies of their contents.
IRC reference materials are also for in-library use only.
Reference and other non-circulating materials (ex. magazines, journals, newspapers) are designated in the library catalog with a LIB USE ONLY status.