The Instructional Resource Center services Ashland University students, faculty and staff, providing resources such as laminating, Ellison Machines, color printing and binding. Additionally, a small selection of materials and supplies are available on-site for purchase.
The IRC staff is prepared to assist users with laminating and binding, however drop-off service for projects is not provided.
Materials & Supplies Price List
|Binding||$.75 - Includes cover sheet|
|Binding - comb only||$.50 each|
|Bulletin Board Paper||$.15 per foot - all colors|
|Construction paper||$.05 per sheet|
|Ellison Cuts||$.01 per cut using our paper|
|Ellison Cuts||Use own paper = free|
|Laminating||$1 per sheet, desk top laminator|
|Laminating||$1 per foot, roll-top laminator|
|Poster & Tag board||$1 per sheet|
|Printing (color)||$.10 per page - all prints using color printer|
|Sentence Strips||$.05 for two|
Note: We are unable to accept bills larger than $20 for payment of IRC services.
More About IRC services
Take a few minutes to browse additional information about available IRC services and pricing.
Ellison Die Cut Collection & Machines
The IRC has an extensive collection of Ellison Dies available for use including a variety of images, borders and five different alphabet fonts (upper and lower case). Five Ellison Prestige Pro die cut machines are available for use.
- Patrons who bring their own paper may use die cut machines for free.
- ANY use of our paper (even scrap box paper) is a penny per cut.
- A variety of paper types may be used including construction paper, craft paper, and wrapping paper.
IRC on Pinterest: IRC @ AU Library
There are several boards available on the IRC's Pinterest page that feature Ellison Die collections.
- Animal Ellison Dies
- Borders & XL Ellison Dies
- Community & Community Helper Ellison Dies
- Geography & Social Studies Ellison Dies
- Holiday Ellison Dies
- Math Ellison Dies
- Science Ellison Dies
- Seasons & Weather Ellison Dies
- Sport & Health Ellison Dies
- Word(s) Ellison Dies
A color printer is available in the IRC, print jobs may be sent to this printer (Aficio CL3000) from any computer located on the second floor. Send your print job and stop in the IRC to pay, your project will then be released for printing.
- Print jobs sent to the color printer cost $.10 per page
- Duplex printing is available for $.20 per page
- Only paper available in the IRC may be used in the color printer.
Please note: Color printing is not available when the IRC is closed. A color printer is available in the Patterson Lab (print quota).
The IRC accepts the following payment options for color printing:
- Check made out to "Ashland University" for exact amount of purchase
- Ashland University Transfer of Funds (form)
The IRC is unable to take your Eagle Card or credit /debit cards as payment for color printing.
IRC Copy Machine
The second floor copy machine, located directly outside the IRC, is managed by the Dwight Schar College of Education (COE). It is available to COE students during field experiences. Instructors will notify students regarding number of copies available. Students are responsible for knowing their username and ID number; number of copies assigned and remaining; and for logging out of the copy machine when finished.
Copier Access FAQs:
- Students will be notified by their course instructors regarding a start date for copy machine access.
- Username is your AU email ID (without the @ashland.edu).
- ID number/password is your seven digit AU ID (do not use au- in front of the number).
- Number of copies used and available will display on the bottom left corner of the main screen after each successful login (i.e. 52/200 means 52 of allotted 200 copies have been used).
- Students are required to log out of the copier at the end of every session.
- When quota is exhausted, students will not receive additional copies.
- All user accounts will be disabled two weeks after the end of each semester.
General Copier FAQs:
- Copy size is 8 1/2 x 11 only, larger paper is not available.
- Duplex copies are possible; each duplex copy counts as two copies from the quota.
- It is possible to duplex from single or two-sided originals.
- Only the copy paper provided may be used in the copy machine; construction paper, tag board, poster board, transparencies or other items are not permitted.
- The copier does not make color copies.
IRC student workers are available to help students with general copy machine functions. IRC student workers are unable to provide users with login or usage information. All access and login questions should be directed to Mrs. Hannan, ext. 5360, Dwight Schar College of Education, during normal business hours (8 a.m.-5 p.m.). If trouble-shooting copier problems via telephone, students should be prepared to verify their identity (social security number) with Mrs. Hannan.
All other users will be directed to AU Library copy machines located on the library main floor.
Laminating: Roll Laminator
We recommend using the roll laminator for most laminating jobs. This machine is more cost effective ($1 per foot) and facilitates larger jobs quickly.
- Users should be prepared for the initial 15-20 minute wait while the machine reaches the correct laminating temperature.
- It is possible to laminate items that are up to 24 inches in width.
- It is possible to laminate items such as posters, poster board, file folders, and construction paper.
If you are coming from another on-campus location, feel free to call ahead (x5406) and request the laminator be turned on to pre-heat.
Laminating: Desk Top Laminator(s)
Two desk top laminators are available in the IRC, these machines are ideal for smaller jobs and we have laminating film perfect for 8 1/2 x 11 paper.
- Users should be prepared for a 3-5 minute wait while the machine reaches correct laminating temperature.
- It is possible to laminate copy paper, construction paper, and card stock.
- Smaller items may be combined within the laminating pouch.
Items larger than the laminating pouch should be handled by the roll laminator.
Laminator Usage Notice
The Instructional Resource Center (IRC) is not responsible for items users choose to laminate or their subsequent condition once laminated.
Paying in the IRC
Payment for IRC supplies and services is required at time of purchase. The IRC accepts the follow three forms of payment for services and supplies.
- Checks made out to Ashland University for exact purchase amount
- Ashland University transfer of funds forms.
Charging to a University Account?
We will complete a transfer of funds form for your qualified purchase. Be sure to:
- Have your account name and number ready.
- Be authorized to complete the transaction.
- A signature is required for any account transfer purchase.
Paying by check or cash?
The IRC accepts cash and personal checks for payment.
- We are unable to accept anything larger than a $20 bill.
- Checks should be made out to the exact amount and payable to "Ashland University."