What you should know before Commencement
- A Commencement day luncheon will be held to honor all of Ashland’s graduates. You (the graduate) and two members of your family will be our guests for the luncheon, which will be served immediately following the ceremony in Myers Convocation Center. Additional guests will be served for a fee. Please make your reservations by returning the attached form by Dec. 4, 2013, or by visiting the order luncheon tickets online section of this website.
- The graduation fee is payment for your diploma; cap/gown and tassel, which you may keep; and other graduation costs incurred by the University.
Caps/gowns and tassels and tickets in case the ceremony is held indoors will be available from the Bookstore beginning Nov. 13, 2013. All graduates picking up caps and gowns will need a picture I.D. If someone else is picking up your cap/gown, they will need written permission from you. There is a $7.75 UPS charge to have your cap/gown sent to your home or work. Extra tassels are $5. Custom printed announcements, Ashland diploma frames and University commemorative rings are available at the Ashland University Bookstore. Orders can be phoned in or placed online at www.ashlandbookstore.com. Please call the Bookstore at 1.800.547.1199 if you have any questions. Ashland University Bookstore (www.ashlandbookstore.com) hours are 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Friday, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. on Saturdays and noon-3 p.m. on Sundays. On Commencement Day, the Bookstore, located in the Hawkins-Conard Student Center, will be open from 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
- All accounts with the Student Accounts, Library, Bookstore, Telecommunications and Dean of Students must be cleared by Nov. 15, 2013. Diplomas will be held for those students who have unmet financial obligations.
- HONORS -- Degrees with distinction will be awarded to graduates with 50 or more Ashland University credits. Only Ashland University grades will be used to assess honors. All honors presented at Commencement are based on the total GPA, up to but not including, the student's final semester.
- Undergraduate and graduate students will not be able to participate in Commencement exercises until all coursework has been completed.
- Students who need accommodations for a disability should contact the Registrar’s Office at 419.289.5028 no later than Dec. 4, 2013. Parking for individuals with disabilities will be available in Parking Lot N behind the Physical Education Center.
- A Graduation Fair will be held in the Hawkins-Conard Student Center Lobby on Nov. 13 from noon-6 p.m. Stop by the fair to pick up regalia, order announcements, class rings and meal tickets for graduation day, have your picture taken in your cap and gown, or get other items that graduates need. Call 800.547.1199 with questions.