For those considering a vocation in Christian ministry, AU’s Pre-seminary program can help you explore the possibilities. Our goal is to prepare you academically and personally for seminary as you make connections with Ashland Theological Seminary. Students interested in becoming part of the Pre-seminary program should contact a Religion Department faculty member.
Participants in the Pre-seminary program will:
1) Major or minor in religion
2) Be paired with one of our religion professors who will serve as your Pre-seminary Mentor to meet at least twice each semester and serve as a resource as you explore your call to ministry. Mentors will facilitate opportunities for spiritual development and ensure that you are involved in a faith-based group on campus, in a local congregation, or in your home congregation.
It is further recommended that participants in the Pre-seminary program will:
3) Complete the Christian Ministry concentration (formerly known as “Practical theology”) within the religion major
4) Participate in the Clinical Experience (internship) in religion
5) Complete at least one of the REL 450, 451 or 452 courses (Ashland Theological Seminary courses taken as an AU student).