Congratulations on your upcoming graduation. Applying for graduation is a two step process. In order to continue with the graduation application process, please follow the steps below.
Once you complete the application in Webadvisor an email will be sent to your Ashland University email account containing the link to a mandatory online survey. Should you need assistance you may contact our Information Technology Department directly at 419.289.5405.
- Go to the following website: webadvisor.ashland.edu
- Log into Webadvisor.
- Click on “Students”.
- Under the sub-heading “Academic Profile” click on “Application for Graduation”.
- Follow the prompts as they appear on the screen and click “Submit”.
- Undergraduate Graduation Application
- Master's Graduation Application
- Doctoral Graduation Application
August and December Graduation Applications are due to the Registrar’s Office May 1, 2014.
May Graduation Applications are due to the Registrar’s Office November 1, 2013.
*Any application received after the deadline will be charged an additional $25 late fee.*
- Students planning to complete course work by the end of fall semester should apply for the December date.
- Students planning to complete course work by the end of spring semester should apply for the May date.
- Students planning to complete their course work by the end of the summer should apply for the August date. Students completing course work during the summer will be graduated in August but will participate in the December commencement ceremony. Diplomas will not be available until December.
Graduate Graduations Policies:
Graduate students must complete all program requirements before graduation and are not permitted to walk in commencement ceremonies if their course work is not completed.
The University has three conferment dates: December, May and August, with two ceremonies, one in May and one in December. In order to have the degree status listed on a transcript; students must apply for graduation (December, May, or August) by the appropriate deadline. All applications are to be returned to the Registrar’s Office, 206 Founders Hall.
UnderGraduate Graduation Policies:
Course Requirements and Grade Point Average
A candidate for a baccalaureate degree must have completed all the course and proficiency requirements for that particular degree and must earn not less than 120semester hours (60 hours for associate degree) of college work with a grade point average of not less than 2.0. The grade point average in the candidate‘s major field must be at least 2.25, or 2.5 in certain majors.
To be eligible to participate in the May commencement ceremony, the graduate must be able to complete all degree requirements prior to the day of May Commencement. To be eligible to participate in the December commencement ceremony, the graduate must be able to complete all degree requirements prior to the day of December Commencement. Students completing degree requirements in the summer will participate in the December Commencement.
Any student listed in the graduation program who has failed to complete these requirements will not receive a diploma or teaching license at commencement. The student must then complete all requirements before reapplying for graduation or licensure on the next graduation date after requirements are fully met.
An application for a degree is to be filed with the Registrar‘s Office within the time specified in the Registrar‘s calendar. Failure to submit an application will result in the student not being able to attend commencement or have the degree posted on the official transcript.
Residence Requirement (Academic):
A candidate for a degree must take a minimum of 30 semester hours at Ashland University. The last 12 hours of coursework and at least one half of the student‘s work in his/her major field must be taken at Ashland University A minimum of 50 hours must be earned at a four-year college or university.