Veteran Students

Undergraduate (Non-traditional)
Veterans apply as undergraduates if they have not attended another establishment of higher education
Minimum standard of a cumulative 2.5 GPA on official high school transcript
ACT not required if three years removed from high school (If veteran's ACT is available and above an 18, veteran may be eligible for merit-based scholarship)

Steps to Enrollment:

Apply to Ashland University

Apply for benefits online with the VA

Submit a copy of your Letter of Eligibilty and DD 214 (prior service only)

Veterans apply as transfer students if they have attempted college coursework after high school graduation
Minimum standard of a collegiate cumulative 2.25 GPA
Can receive transfer merit-based scholarships if veteran qualifies

Steps to Enrollment:

Apply to Ashland University

Submit a copy of VA Form 22-1995 Request for Change of Program or Place of Training, Letter of Eligibility, and DD 214 (prior service only)

Yellow Ribbon Program:

Ashland University is a Yellow Ribbon university! Learn more about eligibility criteria here.

Transfer of Entitlement:

Learn more about Transferring Entitlement here.


*All students eligible for VA benefits must inform the Financial Aid Office at the time of applying for aid. The VA benefits are considered when preparing the financial aid package. All questions concerning financial aid should be addressed to the Financial Aid Office.

Vicki Yoho
419.289.5031 | 1.800.882.1548 Ext. 5031



Ashland University's Open House allows you to interact with faculty,... Read more
If you're interested in transferring to Ashland University and want... Read more