Winter Commencement to be Held Dec. 14 at 10 a.m.
OhioHealth President to Speak at Ashland University’s Winter Commencement
David P. Blom, president and chief executive officer of OhioHealth, will present the address at Ashland University’s winter commencement ceremony to be held Dec. 14 at 10 a.m. at Kates Gymnasium in the Physical Education Center on the AU campus.
Blom joined the OhioHealth family of hospitals and health services in 1983 and since then has held progressive management positions and was instrumental in the development and growth of the OhioHealth system.
OhioHealth is a not-for-profit, faith-based, healthcare system in Columbus, Ohio. With 21,000 physicians, associates and volunteers and more than $2 billion in net revenue, OhioHealth is devoted to its community mission of improving the health of those it serves.
In March 2002, Blom was named president and CEO of the system. Prior to that, he served as president of OhioHealth's central Ohio hospitals – Riverside Methodist Hospital, Grant Medical Center and Doctors Hospital – while also serving as executive vice president and chief operating officer of OhioHealth.
Blom maintains many professional and community affiliations, is a board member of for-profit and non-profit organizations, and has led numerous civic development activities. He currently is serving on the board of Columbus 2020, Columbus Partnership, Columbus Downtown Development Commission, Columbus Foundation, Voluntary Hospitals of America (VHA) and Provista. He also is a member of the local World Presidents’ Organization (WPO). He resides in Westerville with his wife and has three adult daughters and two grandchildren.
He has received much recognition in the Columbus area, including being:
• Named “Businessperson of the Year” by Columbus Business First in 2012
• Named “Smart Leader” by Smart Business Magazine – annual list of Central Ohio Power 100 in 2011
• Recognized by Simon Kenton Council, Boy Scouts of America in 2011
• Named “CEO of the Year – Large Non-profit” by Columbus CEO Magazine as chosen by peers in 2011
• Recognized as “Executive of the Year” by TechColumbus in 2010
• Inducted into the Central Ohio Junior Achievement Business Hall of Fame in 2009
• Recognized by Ohio University with the Phillips Medal of Public Service in 2009
Blom holds a bachelor's degree from The Ohio State University and received his master's degree in Healthcare Administration from The George Washington University in Washington, D.C.