When you arrive on campus in August you’ll want to feel at home, connect quickly and succeed in the classroom.
Living and Learning Communities (LLCs) are designed for exactly that. By bringing first-year students together to form a collaborative network, Living and Learning Communities facilitate a smooth transition to college life and provide a few nice extras, too.
What is a Living and Learning Community?
A Living and Learning Community is a group of students who take several courses together and live near one another during their first year on campus. Research results at programs across the United States show that students who take part in a learning community earn higher grades, make friends faster and graduate at higher and faster rates than students who don't participate.
Why Participate in the College of Arts and Sciences Alliance (CASA) LLC?
- Live in the same residence hall with other CASA community members.
- Get involved, meet people and make friends.
- Enjoy going to classes because your CASA friends are there.
- Find help and encouragement informally through networking with peers.
- Register before other first year students and get the best selection of spring courses.
- Participation is free. There is no cost to join the LLC.
The Benefits of the CASA Living & Learning Community
• You and the other students in CASA are enrolled in two courses together in the fall and one course together in the spring. Each of these courses fulfills a core requirement for graduation.
Finding a study partner has never been so easy!
• CASA is an excellent way to make new friends. As part of a community of no more than 24 students, you and your community members will share learning experiences, residence hall living experiences and out-of-class activities, leading you to support one another's academic success.
• Faculty mentors will be there to help you acclimate to Ashland University and for help or advice.
• Engage in social opportunities such as fall festivals, sporting events, concerts, lectures, tailgate parties, pizza and movie nights with your CASA friends.
Who Can Join?
Any student who has a major within the College of Arts and Sciences. This includes students pursuing a degree in Art, Biology/Toxicology, Chemistry/Geology/Physics, Communication Studies, Criminal Justice, English, Environmental Science, Foreign Languages, History/Political Science, Journalism and Digital Media, Mathematics/Computer Science, Music, Philosophy, Psychology, Religion, Social Work and Family Studies or Theatre.
Questions about the CASA Living & Learning Community? Want to sign up today?
Contact: Dr. Cindy Moseman firstname.lastname@example.org or call 419.289.5293.
Only 24 spaces are available - SECURE YOUR PLACE TODAY!