Ruth L. Schwartz
Ruth L. Schwartz, poetry, is the author of five books of poems: Miraculum (Autumn House Press, 2012), Dear Good Naked Morning (Autumn House Press, 2005), selected by Alicia Ostriker for the 2004 Autumn House Poetry Prize; Edgewater (HarperCollins, 2002), a National Poetry Series winner chosen by Jane Hirshfield; Singular Bodies (Anhinga Press, 2001), recipient of the 2000 Anhinga Prize for Poetry; and Accordion Breathing and Dancing (University of Pittsburgh Press, 1996), winner of the 1994 Associated Writing Programs Competition. Ruth is also the author of a psychospiritual guide book, Soul on Earth: A Guide to Living & Loving Your Human Life (Six Directions Press, 2012) and a memoir, Death in Reverse: A Love Story (Michigan State University Press, 2004). Ruth’s creative nonfiction has appeared in the Utne Reader, The Sun, and numerous anthologies.
Recipient of over a dozen national writing awards, including fellowships from the National Endowment for the Arts, the Ohio Arts Council, and the Astraea Foundation, Ruth is also a lifelong explorer of consciousness and healing. In addition to her M.F.A. in Creative Writing, Ruth has a Ph.D. in Transpersonal Psychology, maintains a private healing practice, and teaches workshops on shamanic practice and healing, including “The Writer as Shaman.” Please visit www.EvolutionarySupport.com for more information.
Seminars and Readings by Ruth L. Schwartz
- Reading by Ruth L. Schwartz (Thursday, August 1, 2013)
- Reading by Ruth L. Schwartz (Monday, July 30, 2012)
- (How) Can I Say This? Writing the Difficult World: A Craft Seminar by Ruth L. Schwartz (Wednesday, August 1, 2012)
- Reading by Ruth L. Schwartz (Wednesday, July 27, 2011)
- Reading by Ruth L. Schwartz (Wednesday, July 28, 2010)
- Immersion Writing: A Craft Seminar by Bob Cowser, Jr., and Ruth L. Schwartz (2008)