Explore the mysteries of our world and universe
As part of the Chemistry, Geology and Physics Department, Physics at Ashland University offers a unique scientific experience. The foundation of all other sciences, physics is concerned with everything from the universe’s largest galaxies to the tiniest subatomic particles.
It is the science that has played an integral role in the development of the Internet, cell phones, lasers, photovoltaic cells, and countless other inventions that have revolutionized our world. When you major in physics at Ashland University, you explore the fundamental scientific challenges of our day. Alongside professors who are excellent research scientists in their own right, you have the opportunity to undertake research projects that could potentially impact both your future and that of the world. Our complete curriculum and small classes provide the ideal environment for preparing students for teaching physics at the high school level, for graduate school, and ultimately an exceptional scientific career.
What you’ll love about physics:
- You will receive a great deal of personal attention from professors who get to know you well in our small class settings.
- Professors work with you on your classroom, laboratory, and research projects, mentoring you and helping you gain the most value from these experiences.
- The physics major is excellent preparation for graduate school. Recent graduates have entered Ph.D. programs at the University of Akron and University of Toronto.
- The physics program is equipped with both Windows and Sun Workstations for modeling physical and chemical phenomena.
- All classes are taught by professors, not by graduate students or teaching assistants.
- All of our science faculty hold a Ph.D. in the field and is a published author and a presenter at national conferences.