Reach your goals with a career in social work.
If you have a passion for helping others improve their lives and their communities, social work is an excellent choice. As a licensed professional, you will have excellent job prospects in areas such as mental health, health, schools, community centers, family services, substance abuse and aging. For the past five years, 100 percent of our graduates have either been hired in a social work position or been accepted to the graduate school of their choice. Learn more about the wide range of career opportunities a degree is social work provides.
What You'll Love about AU's Social Work Program
- Our program is very popular with employers. In the past five years, every graduate has either gotten a job or been accepted into graduate school. Most who apply to graduate school in social work have received advanced standing allowing them to complete their master’s degree in less than the typical two years.
- There are more than 35 internship agencies affiliated with the program.
- Our graduates pass the licensure exam at a rate that surpasses both the national and the state averages.
- Our faculty members are highly experienced educators and field practitioners.
- You’ll have opportunities to earn extra academic credits through service learning.
- You will have many opportunities for agency service and internships.