Careers in Accounting
Average Career Salary
Anticipated demand over next 10 years
- Anticipated 15 percent growth in demand for accounting majors' professions over the next 10 years.
Recent employers of our accounting graduates include:
- DFAS (Department of Finance and Accounting Services)
- Ernst & Young, LLP
- Internal Revenue Service
- The J.M. Smucker Company
- Meaden & Moore
- State of Ohio Auditor's Office
- Westfield Insurance
Next logical step after graduation...
- Our graduates usually begin work for public accounting firms or in corporate accounting finance positions. (more)
Career opportunities for accounting majors include:
- Chief Financial Officer
- Corporate Financial Analyst
- External Auditor
- Forensic Accountant
- Tax Advisor
- Financial & Estate Planner
- Valuation Expert
- IRS Criminal Investigator
Dr. Kristine Parsons, Chair
Dauch College of Business & Economics
401 College Ave.
Ashland, OH 44805
Multiple internships, CPA exam ready and MBA in five years
We help you put the accounting principles you learn into practice with real-world experience like internships, hands-on projects and national competitions. Study with excellent professors and work with leading professionals.
We take pride in the fact that many employers tell us that Ashland students outperform those from other schools.
Why Choose Ashland for Accounting?
- Ashland University hosts “Meet the Accountants” night for students to network, gain career insight and explore internship and job opportunities.
- All accounting professors have received at least one accounting certification.
- The eighth program in the United States, and the only program in Ohio, to hold specialized accounting accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs. Read More...
Two Ashland University students have been recognized for their outstanding work and were named the recipients of the Certified Management Accountant (CMA)... more