Administrative Specialist License in Pupil Services

Ashland University's Administrative Specialist License in Pupil Services program builds on course work completed through typical M.Ed. Educational Administration programs. As such, a number of prerequisites are required for this program. Two years of satisfactory teaching experience under a professional license (School Audiologist, School Counselor, School Psychologist, School Social Worker, School Speech-Language Pathologist, School Nurse, Orientation & Mobility Specialist, Occupational Therapist or Physical Therapist) prior to licensure application.

Is this program for you?

  • You are currently a teacher, but you would like to expand your knowledge and skills in the area of educational leadership.

  • You would like to pursue a central office administrator supervising or administering educational programs dealing with attendance, guidance ond psychological services, school health activities, social work, special education/intervention, student appraisal, gifted education, programs for at-risk students, discipline, state and federal programs and speech and hearing.

  • You currently have a master degree and would like to extend it to include this licensure.

What courses are in this program?

Course Numbers and Titles

Credit Hours

M.Ed. Core Course Work

M.Ed. with the following Professional Courses (if not in the M.Ed. Program, the following courses must be taken prior to licensure application):

EDAD 550:  Introduction to School Administration

EDAD 552:  School Law and Ethics  

EDAD 555:  Human Behavior in Administration

EDAD 683:  Educational Leadership    

EDAD 686:  Administration of Programs for Students with Disabilities  

EDAD 735:  Educational Administration Internship

EDAD 739: Pupil Services Administration Internship


Licensure Coursework (Select 3 of 4)

EDAD 681:  Resource Management in Administration

EDAD 682:  Educational Politics, Policies & School/Community Relations

EDAD 684:  Professional Development

EDAD 688:  Technology in Administration


Total Hours in Program


Successful completion of the appropriate state licensure exam is required prior to recommendation for licensure.

Where can you take courses for this program?

Graduate classes are offered in face-to-face, hybrid (combination of face-to-face and online) and online formats. Online classes have no face-to-face meetings, but may meet for synchronous classes sessions throughout a given semester or term. While not all courses are available online, many can be found in hybrid formats. 

Ashland Campus

Cleveland Program Center Columbus Program Center Elyria     Program Center Stark/Massillon Program Center Some Courses May be Available Online
 ♦   ♦  ♦  ♦    ♦    ♦


Request info, apply now, e-mail or call 419.289.5688 (or 1.800.882.1548 x5688).