A license to teach pre-kindergarten through third grade can be added to any bachelor’s degree. The newly revised program is a significant reduction in required hours but also features a dedicated field experience in literacy to prepare you for the new demands of excellence in reading intervention for primary teachers. Other features of this program include:
- Methods courses blocked with field experiences to instantly practice the scientifically-based practices you are taught.
- Instructors with primary classroom and intervention experience.
- Mentor teachers and supervisors hand-picked for their expertise.
- Lesson planning using the common core standards.
- Hands-on training in classroom management skills.
- Classes and experiences with young children with special needs.
- A new interdisciplinary science and social studies methods course that is aligned with the newest state assessments.
For more information, contact the director at the center closest to you:
Ashland: Steve Brownfirstname.lastname@example.org
Columbus: Georgina Colletteemail@example.com
Elyria: Adam Sikula - firstname.lastname@example.org