Admission to the pre-licensure, Advanced Entry Program is extremely competitive and spaces are limited. Prospective students are highly encouraged to begin the application process early. Application review will occur as the application is completed and required documents are received. Only applicants who complete the necessary application requirements listed below on or before the application deadline will be considered for admission. Contact the admission representative, Jennifer McElwain, at 419.521.6831 or email@example.com.
- Attended an accredited college or university.
- At least a 3.0/4.0 cumulative grade point average in college coursework.
- Completion of the following prerequisite courses from an accredited college or university. All prerequisite courses must be completed with a minimum letter grade of C in order for that credit to be applied toward the nursing program. Science prerequisite coursework must have been completed within 10 years prior to the program start date.
The following courses must be completed before the program start date.
- Developmental Psychology or Lifespan Human Development
- English Composition I and II
- Human Anatomy & Physiology I & II*
*Minimum letter grade of C and a laboratory component required.
Successful completion of the TEAS placement exam with a minimum score of 70% obtained.
Submission of application and required essay.
- Successful completion of a 15-minute phone interview with the Admission Committee.
- Meet all essential functions of clinical coursework listed Pre-licensure Nursing handbook for the Traditional Four-year Program.
- Upon meeting all acceptance requirements of the program the student must complete a federal and Ohio state criminal background check and a drug-screening test. The results of these tests will determine final acceptance of the student.