Students who meet the criteria below will be directly admitted to AU and the CONHS for their freshman year. Students who do not meet the nursing criteria, but meet the requirements for admission to AU will be admitted to AU but placed on a waitlist for the CONHS. They will be evaluated initially on October 15 and then again in January of each school year and notified if they are conditionally accepted into the CONHS. (See Waitlisted section for more details.)
- Graduated from an accredited high school or equivalent.
- Have a cumulative high school GPA of 3.0/4.0 (or GED with achievement at a minimum of the 55th percentile in each of the sub-core areas).
- Have a ACT composite of 20 or a combined SAT score of 950 (CR/M).
- Must pass a criminal background check and drug screen. (This will be done prior to entering clinical coursework in the sophomore year.)
- Must meet the health status criteria for mental and physical health.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions for clinical course work.
- Must have the required immunizations.