Over-the-counter medications are those that do not require a prescription. Common types of over the counter medications include cold and allergy medicine, cough syrup, laxatives, stomach aids, fever reducers, etc. You can obtain these medications in a variety of ways:
The Student Health Center offers several over the counter medications without an appointment. You can stop in to the Student Health Center during business hours and complete a "Self Treatment form". The nurse can then supply you with the appropriate over-the-counter medications. If your symptoms do not improve after taking these medications, you are encouraged to make an appointment to be evaluated by one of our providers.
You may call the Student Health Center at 419.289.5200 to schedule an appointment to be evaluated by one of our providers. If it is felt that you can benefit from over-the-counter medications, most of these are available to you in the Student Health Center at no cost.
If you need over the counter medications after hours or on the weekend, you may purchase them at one of the local pharmacies -
• Buehler's 1055 Sugarbush Dr. Phone 419.282-9800
• CVS 418 East Main St. Phone: 419.281.0525
• Discount Drug Mart 1631 Claremont Ave. Phone 419.281-7880
• Rite Aid 1211 Claremont Ave. Phone 419.289.3717
• Samaritan Hospital 1025 Center St. Phone 419.289.9636
• Towne Pharmacy 849 Smith Road Phone 419.281.4040
• Wal-Mart 1996 East Main St. Phone 419.289.6859
Some medications are available in the Eagle's Nest and the Ashland University Bookstore.