CAPTIVATE FOR MS/HS ETS
This one graduate credit course focuses on strategies for the use of Captivate as a teaching and learning tool in your classroom. Captivate will be used to aide in the instruction in the classroom. Participants will learn the Captivate software, create templates, choose templates, and design a lesson to integrate Captivate in their instruction. The following are objectives for the course.
- Become more familiar with DoDEA curricular Standards
- Become more familiar with NETS – Technology Standards for Students
- Learn the basics of Captivate Software using atomic learning, recipes4success, and Captivate tutorials.
- Select appropriate Captivate activities that correspond to the NETS Standards & the DoDEA curriculum.
- Produce one Captivate Template for use with your students.
- Design a lesson or unit using Captivate software as a tool.
- Use Captivate software with students in the classroom, the computer lab or the information center.
- Post examples of student work or class work using Captivate software.
- Share what you taught and what you learned with others on Blackboard.
- Day and Time of Meeting:Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 1:00pm to Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 1:00pmLocation of Meeting:Online Format