The goal of the program is to identify a common understanding of the coaching process and levels of coaching and to apply learned coaching strategies to transform teacher's performance in the field of early language and literacy and the implementation of inclusionary practices for all children. Participants focus on transforming teacher-knowledge gained from professional development and coaching sessions into effective literacy & inclusionary practices in their learning environments. The Five Intentional Teaching: Language and Literacy Development for All Young Children domains: environment, play, oral language, early reading, and early writing, as well as Universal Design for Learning (UDL), Inclusion and Teacher Collaboration serve as the coaching curriculum. Participation in the Teacher Leader Program involves professional development that includes but is not limited to: article/book reads & discussions, online lesson plan review, classroom video analysis, coaching reflections, development of coaching tools, group work, individual work, and session presentations.
- Understand and develop foundational underpinnings of research-based literacy mentor/coaching.
- Develop skills and strategies for effective mentoring and coaching
- Work collaboratively with ECE team to apply skills and strategies for effective mentoring and coaching
- Build positive adult to adult mentoring and coaching relationships
- Gain knowledge of organizational behavior and leadership within Education
- Apply effective mentoring and coaching according to the Ohio Department of Education Professional Development Standards.
- Document coaching strategies and progress, goal setting, protégé growth and reflective practices in an outlined portfolio.
- Implement the fundamentals of Intentional teaching: Language and Literacy Development for All Young Children domains into coaching with the protégé.
- Use of technology in coaching through the collection of classroom and coaching video clips (FLIP cameras) and the analysis of videos captured.
- Track coaching progress through an online tracking system - Teacher Leader Tracker.
- Utilize an online Share Point network to collaborate with colleagues involved in Teacher Leader throughout the state.
Before registering for Ashland University credit, you must visit www.ecqnet.org for specific registration, site and time information for all Pre-K/K SIRI classes, or call 1-800-678-6352
In order to receive a grade (S) please fax your certificate of completion to 440-366-4066 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Location of Meeting:Sites Vary