History of the Telego Center

Dr. Stephen L. Stuart, Ashland University's Assistant Dean for Professional Development, conceived an idea of how to help Ohio's school districts faced with the many challenges and issues in delivering quality education to children. The result of this dream was the establishment of the Center for Educational Improvement in 1999. In Spring 2001 the Center was renamed the Gene A. Telego Center for Educational Improvement to honor the accomplishments of Dr. Telego. Dr. Telego served Ashland University for 33 years. He directed the teacher education program for 25 years. In addition to other accomplishments, Dr. Telego was instrumental in establishing the Master of Education and Doctor of Education degree programs.

Today TCEI is known throughout the state as a center that focuses on providing on-site, customized help to school districts. TCEI not only provides on-site services, but also sponsors forums and workshops on issues professional educators grapple with daily.
 

Contact Us

Director
Dr. Eugene Linton
419.289.5921
800.882.1548 Ext. 5921
Fax: 419.289.5368
elinton@ashland.edu

Administrative Assistant
Dale Sevin                       
419.289.5350
800.882.1548 Ext. 5350
Fax: 419.289.5368
dsevin@ashland.edu

Administrative Assistant
Sue Spicer
419.207.6945
800.882.1548 Ext. 6945
Fax: 419.289.5368
sspicer@ashland.edu