Applying for Admission to Graduate School
Thank you for your interest in Ashland University’s Graduate School. This application is for those interested in one of the following areas of study: Doctor of Education in Leadership Studies, Master of Arts in American History & Government, Master of Arts with a Specialization in Teaching American History & Government, Master of Business Administration, Master of Education, Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing, Bachelor’s Plus Initial Teacher Licensure, Licensure & Endorsement Programs (Education), Certificate Programs (Education), School Nurse Licensure, and Ashland Theological Seminary doctorate and master’s programs. This application may also be used by those not interested in pursuing a degree, but who wish to take traditional course work for educational enrichment as Guest: Non-degree students. For those interested in enrolling in a Professional Development Services (PDS) workshop, a Graduate School application is not necessary. Please visit the PDS site at: http://www.ashland.edu/professionals for further information.
Before beginning the application, please read the contents of this page carefully. There is a $30 non-refundable application fee ($35 for seminary master's applicants, $50 for international applicants); and, you will be asked to choose a form of payment upon completion of the online application. If you are a former degree-seeking Ashland University graduate student applying for a new program or if you are applying as a Guest: Non-degree student, the fee is waived.
This option is for individuals who wish to apply to a master's or doctoral degree program at Ashland University.
This option is for:
- Master of Education
- Bachelor’s Plus Initial Teacher Licensure (Important: Before applying to the Bachelor’s Plus program, applicants must complete a Pre-Admittance Form. See the program website for more information.
- Licensure & Endorsement for Teachers and Administrators
- Doctor of Ministry: For additional application materials, please contact Wanda Coleman at 419.289.5174.
Complete Your Application Online
In order to assure success with the online submission process, please note these system requirements for your computer. Additional information can be found on the Welcome page of the application itself.
- Supported Web Browsers:
- Internet Explorer 8, 9, and 10 (Windows)
- Firefox 23 (Windows & Mac)
- Chrome 29 (Windows & Mac)
- Safari 6.0.3 (Mac), (Macintosh users – OSX)
- Popup blockers must be disabled. Internet Explorer Firefox Chrome
If you would like to print a hard copy of the application please see the links below.
|Doctor of Education in Leadership Studies*|
|Master Arts in American History & Government||Degree Seeking|
|Master of Arts with a Specialization in Teaching American History & Government||Degree Seeking|
|Master of Business Administration||Degree Seeking|
|Master of Education||Degree Seeking|
|Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing||Degree Seeking|
|Bachelor’s Plus Initial Teacher Licensure||Non-Degree Seeking|
|Licensure & Endorsement (Education)||Non-Degree Seeking|
|Certificate Programs||Non-Degree Seeking|
|School Nurse Licensure *|
|Guest: Non-Degree||Non-Degree Seeking|
|Ashland Theological Seminary||Master's or Diploma||Guest Student|
|Ashland Theological Seminary (Doctorate)||Degree Seeking|
|International Students||Degree Seeking|
* Please contact Terri Bisel at 419-289-5386 to obtain a copy of the Doctor of Education in Leadership Studies application. Contact Jennifer McElwain at email@example.com to obtain a copy of the School Nurse Licensure application.