Ashland Theological Seminary Lecture Series to Feature Dr. Beauty Maenzanise
1/15/13 ASHLAND, Ohio - Ashland Theological Seminary has scheduled a two-day lecture series, titled “Created in God's Image: Voices out of Africa,” that will feature Dr. Beauty Maenzanise, a leader in theological education.
The first day of the lecture series will be held on the Ashland Theological Seminary campus on Monday, Feb. 11. The sessions will include:
• the first plenary with Dr. Maenzanise, titled “You Saw Me Hungry and Fed Me,” which will be held in the Smetzer Auditorium at 1:30 p.m.
• a 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. seminar featuring Janet Chilcote and Zoe Ministries.
• a second plenary with Dr. Maenzanise, titled “Prayer and African Spiritual Growth,” which will be held in Smetzer Auditorium at 7 p.m.
The lecture series will continue on Tuesday, Feb. 12, and will include:
• a third plenary with Dr. Maenzanise, titled “Road Map for a Future with Hope for the African Church, which will be held in the Smetzer Auditorium at 9 a.m.
• an 11 a.m. panel discussion on “Leadership for Global Church” featuring Gerald Olenhuyaine and others.
Dr. Maenzanise, who was born in Mutare, Zimbabwe, is known as a leader in theological education, especially in the United Methodist Church worldwide. She currently serves as the dean of the School of Theology at Africa University, having received her Ph.D. in liturgical studies from Casperen School of Graduate Studies, Drew University.
She also holds a master’s degree in Sacred Theology and Master of Divinity degree from Drew Theological School. She taught at Lancaster Theological Seminary in New York from 2002 to 2004 before relocating to Zimbabwe where she took up a faculty position in theology at Africa University.
Throughout her career as a devoted servant of God, she has shared her knowledge in presentations around the world, giving particular attention to African theology, the role of women in the church and society, and the incorporation of African traditional religious practices into Christian worship.
Ashland Theological Seminary is a graduate division of Ashland University. With campuses in Ashland, Detroit, Cleveland and Columbus, Ashland Theological Seminary integrates theological education with Christ-centered transformation as it equips men and women for ministry in the church and the world.