Eagle Exploration is a self-paced career guidance tool designed to help you discover and explore career options that match your interests, personality, values and skills. It will enable you to assess your personal career qualities, keep track of your progress, and explore major areas of study that are most compatible with your assessment results. Students and alumni are encouraged to utilize this system for academic and career planning.
- For step-by-step instructions on registering for Eagle Exploration and completing the self-assessment sections, please read through the Eagle Exploration Student Guide or watch the introductory video.
- Please consider setting up an appointment with a Career Specialist to discuss the results of the assessment after you complete it.
Going Global is a resource designed for students and alumni considering employment opportunities outside the US. The Going Global database contains country-specific career and employment resources for more than 80 locations worldwide. These country profiles include links to job search sites specific to that country, information on preparing your resume, application documents, and interview skills to the expectations of professionals in each country, and more.
- For assistance with using Going Global, please watch the Going Global training video (available in the left-hand sidebar on the Going Global site), attend a student webinar, or set up an appointment with a Career Specialist.
AU Career Connect is Ashland University's very own online job database where students can view and apply for work study positions on campus, full-time professional and internship opportunities, as well as temporary and seasonal jobs.
- Students can find step-by-step instructions to registering, creating a profile, uploading a resume, and searching for or applying to jobs in the AU Career Connect Student Guide or by contacting the CSC.
- Emplyoyers can find assistance on how to register for an account, post a job, or browse students' shared profiles and resumes in the AU Career Connect Employer Guide or by contacting the CSC.
CareerShift is an online set of integrated applications proven to help job seekers successfully find employment by uniquely cross-referencing jobs and contacts, tailoring and organizing documents and correspondence to maximize their odds of securing a job, quickly and efficiently. Unlike AU Career Connect, CareerShift does not require employers to post a job in a particular database, but instead CareerShift scans a number of websites around the web - large and small job boards and individual employer websites - and allows users to search through all the jobs that CareerShift has already found.
- To register, students should visit CareerShift and register using their ashland.edu email address.
- Alumni who no longer have access to their ashland.edu email address are still welcome to use the service. Alumni registration instructions are available on AshlandSpace.
NEOintern is a free internship search platform which catalogs available internships in Northeast Ohio. Through NEOIntern, Ashland University students can browse through hundreds of new internship postings every month with the assurance that each posting has been reviewed and approved.
- To register, complete the student registration form at the NEOIntern site.
Glassdoor provides a free inside look at companies, including lists of open positions, reviews of companies submitted by current and former employees, salary information, and lists of interview questions real job candidates received at their interview. Glassdoor is free to use and should be a great resource in any student's research for a job search!