Congratulations! We are very excited that you have chosen to join the Ashland University family! We have a great orientation program planned for you this year as you begin your academic adventure here at Ashland University.
New Student Orientation is a key component to assisting you with your transition to university life! This program is designed to acquaint you with campus services, staff that can assist you with taking care of business such as finalizing loans and peer mentors to answer your questions.
At Ashland University, Orientation is a mandatory two-part process which includes attending a Summer Drive-In Program as well as participating in Orientation Weekend right before classes begin.
Part I: Summer Drive-In Program
Select one of the five Summer Drive-In programs to attend. Students and parents are invited to drive into town for a one-day program that will help prepare you for fall semester. You will have the opportunity to take care of business, learn about campus services such as Student Accounts, Financial Aid steps and involvement opportunities as well as ask faculty, staff and upper-class students questions. At check-in, a copy of your Fall Class Schedule will be provided if all of your online enrollment forms (pre-registration, financial aid, housing) are completed.
To register for a Summer Drive-In date, click here to login your Eagle's Landing VIP page to complete your online enrollment form. Seating is limited for each date and is on a first-come, first-serve bases.
2014 Summer Drive-In Dates:
Wednesday, June 4
Tuesday, June 10
Monday, June 16
Thursday, June 19
Thursday, June 26
2014 Orientation Weekend
During Orientation Weekend, Ashland University will become your home away from home. With activities and programs planned throughout the weekend, you will create friendships with your peers and become better acclimated with the campus. Orientation Weekend will begin with move-in on Friday, August 15 and classes will begin on Monday, August 18.
During O-Weekend, you will have the opportunity to:
- Residential Students: Move into your residence hall and get settled (Friday, August 15th)
- Commuter Students: Join us on Saturday and Sunday! Commuter Check-In is on Saturday morning before the President's Welcome
- Purchase textbooks or pick up reserved textbooks
- Attend the Welcome Dinner with your parents
- Attend the President's Welcome
- Meet your O-Teamer and peers in your Accent on Success/ HON 101 class during your CREW MEETINGS
- Attend Residence Life, Campus Activities Board and Commuter Services activities
- Attend Five Stones Community Church Service
- Participate in a community service project with your peers
- Enjoy a personalized campus tour and find your classroom locations
- Attend your academic meeting and meet faculty in your major
- Attend Involvement Fair to get plugged into campus life!