Important Facts About Tutoring:
- The tutoring programs are available in the Center for Academic Support
- No cost to students
- Offered in a variety of academic subjects at Ashland University
- All tutors are full-time Ashland University students who have been recommended by faculty and have demonstrated academic excellence
- On-going training of tutors is provided in an effort to foster academic success
The mission of the Tutoring Programs is to support both faculty instruction and student learning in various content areas using both traditional and advanced methods.
Commitment: We are committed to helping students understand and learn subject matter
Collaboration: We work closely with faculty and other members of the campus community to ensure learning assistance programs and services meet student needs
Excellence: We provide students with the highest quality of learning and service and are committed to excellence
- Abide by the college's standards for academic excellence
- Offer individualized, alternatively structures academic support to students with diverse learning styles
- Maintain open communication with other departments, thereby integrating and advocating the college’s resources
- Extend opportunities for students to receive supplemental training and guidance
- Continually reevaluate the tutoring program and its efforts toward realizing the goals stated above
Options for Help:
Individual tutoring is a set up between each student and his/her tutor.
This is a set up between a tutor and 2-6 students for one subject.
We offer online tutoring for a limited number of courses!
Study tips, test taking skills, and more can be found on this page.
Tutoring on time management, note taking, study skills and test strategy.