No, Ashland University offers free tutoring
Yes! Go to the site below to request a personal tutor in your specific area of need http://www.ashland.edu/tutor
Scheduled tutoring requires regular attendance throughout the duration of the semester.
A study skills tutor is very knowledgeable in Time Management, Taking Notes, Study skills, and Test Taking Strategies. The soft skills tutor provides one-on-one, small group or online (only for Time Mangement). Tutoring sessions are during a 4-week period to assist students in identifying their academic strengths and needs, and to build an efficient set of study skills to achieve academic success.
You can expect help finding answers to questions and gain further clarification and practice on topics you are trying to grasp better. Tutors can:
- Review content for your weekly class
- Provide study tips and specific strategies for classes/professors
- Help you work through attempted homework questions
- Quiz you for practice before tests and quizzes
- Tutors have experience in the courses they are tutoring. They successfully apply the study techniques they share
- Be on time. Let your tutor know at least one hour before if you are not able to keep the appointment for a good reason
- Read the material and attempt to do the homework assignment as much as possible
- Tutors will not help with homework that will be graded
- Meet with your tutor on a weekly basis
- The student will complete the assignment. The tutor will not do it for you
- Fill out a survey evaluating the tutor and the services
- Tutors are trained and required to maintain a confidentiality agreement
- They are also chosen by your faculty
- Used to teach content chapter/s. Professors teach content. Tutors review content
- A time to sit and complete an entire homework assignment
- Make up for not attending class; it's meant to review content from a class you attended
- Name a subject and we have/hire a tutor for you!
- Looking for help in writing and English courses? You will need to go to the Writing Center in the Bixler building to sign up with a writing assistant or go to the AU site and search for the writing center website.
- Students who have successfully completed the courses they tutor, took the course at AU, earned an A or B in the course, and maintain an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher all times
- Tutors are recommended by the professors as possessing helpful skills, knowledge, and insights they can pass along to other students
- They go through an extensive tutor training