Academic Technology Project Manager - Correctional Education Program
The Academic Technology and Project Manager - Correctional Education Program is responsible for planning, purchasing, and execution of Correctional Education online educational technology. The position is responsible for creating technology program management plans, selecting technology and infrastructure, executing rollout plans, and analyzing results. Projects and programs require an understanding of information technology infrastructure, program management, business administration, customer service and how technology integrates into student learning. This position will build relationships with colleagues (Office of Information Technology, Correctional and Online Education, Curriculum and Instruction, Faculty Development, and Professional Development), key stakeholders, educational partners and end-users to ensure goals for service quality and end-user productivity along with satisfaction are understood and exceeded.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project manages research, implementation, integration and administration of Correctional Technologies:
- CRM (Salesforce, Hobsons,)
- LMS & Applications (Blackboard and Lantern, Kaltura, Respondus, Ally, EesySoft, etc.)
- Office Capability (Word/Pages/Text, Excel/Numbers/Spreadsheet, PPT/Keynote/Presentation)
- Network requirements
- Hardware (Chromebooks, Android Tablets, iPads)
- Configuring and implementing a streamlined, cloud-based future state
- Works collaboratively with faculty, staff, technology partners to design, develop, and deploy technology across the University's educational system.
- Participates in analyzing, testing, verification and validation of custom software, hardware, and third-party package correctional software/hardware implementation.
- Proactively manages the impact and expectations of technology services and/or performance changes.
- Analyzes performance test results and collaborates with technical resources to identify bottleneck.
- Builds and maintains good working relationships with project teams, University IT colleagues, and client stakeholders.
- Creates program management plans and rollout scenarios in conjunction with correctional education plans.
- Supports the vetting and implementation of new tools as needed for infrastructure requirements and teaching and learning.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Master's degree (Education/Instructional Technology, MBA, or related fields) is required. Ph.D. in Educational/Instructional Technology or Business Management/Administration (or associated field) preferred.
- Three (3) to five (5) years customer service and/or product support experience required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of higher education technology.
- Proven experience and knowledge integrating technology hardware and software.
- Program Management Professional (PMP), Microsoft and/or Apple Certification, and Network Administration preferred.
- Ability to communicate technology concepts and services to faculty, staff and partners.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Asynchronous Learning Environments preferred.
- Experience designing and integrating online courses and user interface considerations.
- Design, development, and teaching experience in online education preferred.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Ability to prioritize, schedule, and meet deadlines.
- Able to work on multiple projects concurrently and meet hard deadlines.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Combination of office environment and occasional correctional institution environment with some lifting and hauling of equipment up to 60 lbs.
- Occasional travel to correctional institution sites and vendor offices.
- Some weekend and evening working hours required as needed.
- Availability via cell phone during normal working hours and after hours is a requirement of this position.
- Valid driver's license is required along with the ability to drive to remote locations and attend training as assigned.
A complete job description is on file with Human Resources.
Please submit a cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references when applying. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.