Administrative Assistant, Ashland Theological Seminary - Cleveland, OH Center
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative/clerical support services to the Director of Center Operations and Center staff at the Ashland Theological Seminary (ATS) Cleveland, OH Center. The goal of this position is to ensure staff support in the delivery of Center programs and is responsible for the coordination of communications for all program and promotional activities at the ATS Cleveland Center.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides all necessary administrative and clerical support to the Director of Center Operations and Center staff.
- Maintains office hours and answers phones during hours of operation.
- Assists the Director with documentation and record keeping.
- Implements communication flow in coordination with the Director and Center staff.
- Assists in organizing and implementing Cleveland Center events.
- Becomes knowledgeable about ATS and its programs.
- Carries out other duties as needed by the Director.
- High School diploma; Associate's degree preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant secretarial or managerial experience, preferably at the administrative level.
- Intermediate to advanced computer knowledge including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Ability to embrace the Seminary's core values in order to provide and promote excellent customer service to ATS community and beyond.
- Ability to respond to inquiries and requests in a professional manner.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.