Administrative Assistant - College of Arts and Sciences
Ashland University (www.ashland.edu) invites applications for a full-time Administrative Assistant to support the Center for Addictions and the Departments of Addictions Counseling, Prevention, and Human Services; Criminal Justice and Sociology; Psychology; and Social Work. This position will provide primary support to the Director of the University's Center for Addictions and the Department Chair. The Administrative Assistant will also support full-time and adjunct faculty in the program as well as the work of the Center for Addictions.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains data that may be reported to State of Ohio allocation such as course and program enrollments, graduation rates, certifications or licenses obtained, and employment within the first 6 months after degree completion.
- Works with area agencies to schedule workshops and seminars for employee professional development.
- Tracks professional development attendance, prepare materials, make logistical arrangements, maintain evaluation data for each workshop/seminar, etc.
- Tracks budgets for both the Center for Addictions and department.
- Coordinates and facilitates Center Director speaking engagements, guest lectures, coordinates travel and lodging arrangements.
- Processes requisitions/purchase orders, check requests, expense reports, invoices, and supplemental contracts.
- Processes workloads for adjuncts and faculty, update CAS workload from each term (7-week, 12-week, 16-week), request, sort, and maintain faculty and adjunct transcripts and curriculum vita and maintain instructor credentials master list.
- Maintains, files, and regularly updates master syllabi, curriculum guides, and course rotations. Reviews faculty and adjunct syllabi each semester to ensure master syllabi guidelines are followed.
- Assists in the compilation of data and reports needed for departments.
- Files correspondence, budget documents, and other records (some confidential) in a timely manner.
- Coordinates and facilitates departmental events including guest lecturers, workshops, job searches, and annual banquets.
- Performs other duties as requested by the Center of Addictions Director and department chair.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of two (2) years of relevant training and experience in administrative office practices and procedures is required.
- Requires comprehensive administrative experience, exceptional management and public relations skills and broad knowledge of organizational policies and procedures.
- Performs duties of a sensitive and confidential nature that require discretion, independent judgment and decision making skills.
- Must be detail-oriented, calm under pressure, able to multi-task, prioritize, and demonstrate excellent organizational, follow up, and communication skills.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Docs is required; experience with database management preferred.
- Successful candidate will be organized, reliable, show good judgment, demonstrate initiative, and be versatile and adaptable.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality is essential.
Please submit a cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications for this position, current resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.