Administrative Assistant - Dwight Schar College of Education
Ashland University (www.ashland.edu) invites applications for a full-time Administrative Assistant to support the Department of Doctoral Studies and Advanced Programs and the Office of Fields and Partnerships within the Dwight Schar College of Education. This position provides support related to course scheduling, processing instructor evaluations, and responding to student inquiries. The Administrative Assistant will also manage student records and paperwork related to field experience assignments within the Office of Fields and Partnerships.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors course schedules for graduate programming within the Department of Doctoral Studies and Advanced Programs.
- Manages paperwork related to graduate assessments.
- Schedules dissertation defenses.
- Manages paperwork related to student placements within fields.
- Answers phone and directs inquiries to appropriate personnel in the field office and within the Department of Doctoral Studies and Advanced Programs.
- Arranges meetings and schedules appointments.
- Writes memos, correspondence, invoices, receipts, spreadsheets, and other reports as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years experience as office assistant, administrative assistant, or secretary required.
- Performs duties of a sensitive and confidential nature that require discretion, independent judgment and decision making skills.
- Must be detail-oriented, able to multi-task, prioritize, and demonstrate excellent organizational and follow up skills.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word, and Google documents.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Successful candidate will be reliable, show good judgment, demonstrate initiative, and be versatile and adaptable.
Please submit a cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three (3) references when applying. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Hiring for this position is contingent on the availability of funding and/or available budget dollars.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.