Administrative Assistant - Financial Aid
Ashland University's Financial Aid Office seeks to fill a full-time Administrative Assistant position. Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Financial Aid (loan department), this position assists parents and students through the financial aid process and provides excellent service to customers. Performance of responsibilities is characterized by personal touch and concern for individual student/parent issues; thoroughness, accuracy, and attention to detail. Provides general administrative assistant duties for the office.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides administrative assistance to Director and Associate Director of Financial Aid including spreadsheets, reports, and correspondence. Liaison with other offices.
- Initial phone and email contact for graduate students; explains steps and paperwork required for loan processing.
- Edits and verifies financial aid applications for graduate students. Edits financial aid applications for undergraduate students.
- Provides back-up loan processing as required to import/export federal loans from Colleague to COD. Updates entrance counseling on Colleague from loan servicer report.
- Responsible for processing graduate financial aid award letters, Satisfactory Academic Progress letters, loan exit counseling letters, other form letters, and updates forms.
- Maintains and orders office supplies and equipment. Processes work orders, purchase requisitions and check requests. Tracks purchases, expense reports, and transfers of funds.
- Provides back-up assistance for other administrative assistants as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma required.
- Ability to work independently with a clear understanding of priorities, deadlines, and overall goals of the office.
- Must exhibit excellent communication skills with students, families, and administrators.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must have high character/integrity traits with the ability to keep appropriate material confidential.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
- Must be detail-oriented and accurate in work.
- Ability to work well in a sometimes stressful environment and in general be a loyal team player.
Please submit a cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references when applying. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.