Administrative Assistant - Institutional Advancement
The Administrative Assistant supports a wide variety of activities and administrative functions for Institutional Advancement. This position ensures the administrative needs are met and a smooth work flow is maintained. Provides administrative support for the Executive Directors and other Institutional Advancement staff.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare proposals, reports, contact reports and correspondence.
- Perform general office and receptionist duties.
- Maintain office budget accounts and receipts including processing check requests and other financial forms for specified budget lines.
- Coordinate meetings & appointments, attend and take notes as needed.
- Assist with the on-boarding of new Advancement team members.
- Update information in the CRM database as needed.
- Represent the University in a professional, polite, knowledgeable, and mature manner.
- Assist other areas of the Institutional Advancement, including events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School graduate; Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- At least 3-5 years of professional administrative experience is required.
- A strong background in office management and secretarial skills is essential.
- Prior work experience in higher education and/or advancement preferred.
- Strong organizational skills to facilitate the coordination of multiple tasks, able to prioritize, and pay keen attention to detail.
- Able to handle highly personal information and maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact with high level donors.
- Strong computer competency with Microsoft Office Windows is required.
- Computer proficiency with database management/ CRM software also desired.
- Able to travel off main Ashland University campus.
- Some weekend and evening working hours required for meetings and events.
A complete position description is on file with Human Resources.
Qualified applicants should include a letter of interest and resume. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until an appointment is made.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.