Administrative Assistant - Office of Student and Residence Life
The Administrative Assistant is a full-time, twelve (12) month position serving an integral role in the Office of Student and Residence Life (OSRL). This position is directly responsible for ensuring the efficiency of daily operations and budget management for the office.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees all administrative functions of the OSRL, including greeting visitors, managing staff and facility calendars, facilitating reservation requests, answering calls, responding to emails, overseeing supply purchases and copier/equipment functions, etc.
- Provides excellent customer service to students, university staff and community members.
- Manages all budgets and budget processes for the OSRL: student activities, student organizations, orientation, community service, fraternity & sorority life, leadership, diversity & inclusion, housing, residence life, commuter services, student conduct, and international student services.
- Processes all performer contracts, check requests, hotel reservations, and transportation for all OSRL events and programs.
- Processes monthly copier billings, schedules regular and emergency maintenance for machines, monitor supplies, and performs basic operating and troubleshooting of copiers within the OSRL and Student Center.
- Maintains calendars and schedules facilities in the Student Center including Eagles Landing, Conference Rooms ABCD, Auditorium, Lobby Tables, HCSC Lounge Areas, Student Activities Conference Room, the Source, Common Ground, Redwood Hall, and facilitates reservation of Commuter Lockers.
- Interviews and evaluates student employees as applicable. Trains students in office procedures including the use of the copier, office computers, phones and customer service.
- Processes time sheets and logs data in spreadsheets to track student employees in the OSRL.
- Monitors and co-approves content for event submissions, reimbursements, funding requests, etc.
- Maintains database for chartered organizations contact information and e-mail/web password. Regularly updates Student Organization Involvement Directory as well as Student Organization websites and assists with the administration of Engage software.
- Serves on university and division committees as applicable.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED is required. Associates Degree from an accredited college, technical school, or university preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of secretarial/office experience in a professional setting with demonstrated administrative skills is required.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, planning and decision making skills required.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality is essential.
- Must possess and display friendly and professional customer service skills.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks with increasing independence and an understanding of priorities and deadlines.
- Demonstrate a high degree of proficiency with office procedures, equipment, and computer applications.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work evenings or weekends as needed.
Please submit a cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references when applying. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Hiring for this position is contingent on the availability of funding and/or available budget dollars.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.