Administrative Assistant - Safety Services
The Ashland University Safety Services Department is seeking an Administrative Assistant. This is a full-time twelve-month position. Hours are typically Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Some weekend work is required during special events. The Administrative Assistant position is under the direct supervision of the Director of Safety Services who reports to the Vice President for Student Affairs.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the mission, goals and objectives of Ashland University and the department.
- Assists the campus community in a constructive, effective, and positive manner.
- Initiates emergency response as necessary.
- Notifies the director of scheduling conflicts.
- At the start of each shift:
- Reviews daily assignment sheet
- Checks for updates (i.e. notes on message board, etc.)
- Reviews logs since last scheduled shift worked
- Prepares daily assignment sheets for staff.
- Maintains record keeping for staff (i.e. time sheets).
- Processes fingerprinting and maintain records and billing for fingerprinting.
- Maintains the Safety Services web page.
- Maintains record keeping and billing for the university locksmith.
- Assists with parking record keeping and ticket processing as directed.
- Assists with processing room reservations for the Student Center as directed.
- Assists with processing university Mail Center mailings as directed
- Performs all computer functions (i.e. card access, emergency notification, invoicing, processing purchase orders, key/lock inventory control, etc.)
- Monitors security cameras
- Performs other related duties as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Prefer prior clerical and/or office administrative support.
- Must exhibit excellent communication skills with students, families, and administrators.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must have high character/integrity traits with the ability to keep appropriate material confidential.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
- Must be detail-oriented and accurate in work.
- Possess aptitude to become proficient in departmental software programs (i.e. BlackBoard, Campus Shield, Colleague, Microsoft Office Outlook, Drupal, R25 Scheduling Software, etc.).
- Maintain fingerprint system and remain in compliance with governmental regulations.
- Must be able to handle several tasks at once (multitasking) in a positive and effective manner.
- Possess writing skills to document incidents (create reports and log entries).
- Ability to function effectively in stressful situations (i.e. situations involving conflict, medical emergencies, fire alarms, etc.).
- Must be able to work in a noisy office environment and monitor scanners and radio traffic.
Please submit a cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references when applying. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.