Admissions Representative - Undergraduate Admissions
The Department of Undergraduate Admissions at Ashland University seeks applicants for the position of Admissions Representative. The ideal candidate will assist prospective students and their parents interested in Ashland University through the enrollment process.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as the primary contact for prospective traditional freshmen students and their influencers within a specific geographic recruitment area.
- Travels to visit high schools in assigned recruitment area.
- Travels to attend college day/night programs within assigned recruitment area.
- Assists with campus visit programs throughout the year.
- Serves as a liaison to an academic college and other campus offices for new student recruitment purposes.
- Conducts on-campus admission personal and group visits and presentations to prospective students and their guests.
- Reviews completed applications in specific recruitment area and makes appropriate admission decisions.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university.
- Previous work in admissions preferred but not required.
- Effective interpersonal and public speaking communication skills.
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends or as needed.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Evidence of collaboration within a campus community.
- Able to communicate with a wide variety of individuals both on and off campus.
- Willingness to travel extensively during the fall and spring months.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Willingness and ability to serve in this position for at least eighteen (18) months.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.