Apparel Design and Retail Sales - Campus Store
The full-time Apparel Design and Retail Sales position is responsible for overseeing Eagle Production and Design, a t-shirt design and printing operation located in the Ashland University Campus Store. This position is also responsible for the generation of new sales and promotion for Eagle Production and Design.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs high quality artwork for customers or modifies existing artwork and produces the customer order.
- Maintains clothing inventory for production, and provides manager with monthly inventory updates.
- Generates sales opportunities for Eagle Production and Design to campus departments, clubs, and athletics via the Ignite campaign program.
- Generates sales opportunities for Eagle Production and Design in the community.
- Maintains and updates the Ashland University Campus Store e-Commerce site adding new merchandise, removing outdated merchandise, and updating website pages as needed.
- Keeps up to date records and reconciles Affinity Marketing (greek licensing) paperwork.
- High School diploma required. Bachelor's degree in graphic design or fashion merchandising is preferred.
- Apparel design and production experience.
- Inventory management and e-Commerce maintenance.
- Design software experience with Adobe Illustrator version CS5 preferred.
- Experience with OKI pro-color 920WT heat seal printer preferred.
- Experience with Stahls Hotronix heat press preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers and personnel about their orders from start to finish.
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal skills, attention to detail and excellent customer service skills a must.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.