Area Coordinator for Educational Programs (Detroit Center)
Ashland Theological Seminary, a division of Ashland University, seeks an Area Coordinator for Educational Programs for its Detroit Center. This position is established for the purpose of providing academic support services and general assistance to the Regional Director of Advanced and Doctoral Studies at the Detroit Center location for the viability of theological education programs. This person will report to and perform duties as directed by the Regional Director of Advanced and Doctoral Studies.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides academic advising for students when there no faculty is assigned or available (these are cases in which there may only be adjunct professors available).
- Works collaboratively with recruitment and/ or enrollment management personnel /staff to identify potential students and refers prospective students for follow up.
- Assists each semester in the enrollment of new and current students; assists with retention at the Center; monitors student progress; follows up with students who have not registered.
- Works with the Academic Dean to ensure scheduled courses meet student needs.
- Monitors student success in alternative delivery methods (online learning); identifies any Center-specific needs; and discusses those with the RDADS.
- Refers students with disabilities to the main campus personnel and work collaboratively with the main campus to share ideas life (community building, student life, spiritual formation, etc.).
General Administrative Responsibilities
- Provides direct assistance to the Regional Director of Advanced and Doctoral Studies (RDADS)
- Coordinates activities for the RDADS to support community and alumni relations and organizing to build ATS degree programs and services.
- Assist the RDADS and Recruitment and Enrollment Coordinator with communications regarding securing adjunct professors, lecturers, instructors to support students and their courses.
- Maintains the calendar in collaboration with the RDADS. Makes sure information is provided to the main and other campus locations to the one who oversees the Seminary's master calendar.
- Notifies faculty and students and appropriate main campus personnel (Dean(s), Seminary Receptionist) of school closings, change in class time, etc.
- Coordinates event planning involving the Center along with special project and activities.
- Coordinates meetings of staff, boards, committees, and faculty at the request of the RDADS.
- Maintains records such as check requests, expense reports, meeting minutes, etc.
- Masters degree required.
- Knowledge of theological education required.
- Minimum 3 years experience in continuing education, higher education or theological education.
- Working computer knowledge, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to embrace the Seminary's core values in order to provide and promote excellent customer service to the ATS community and beyond.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (present information, respond to questions).
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, teaching faculty, and Seminary staff.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
A complete position description is on file with Human Resources.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.