Area Coordinator - Student Affairs
The Area Coordinator is a full-time, 9 1/2 month live-in position and is responsible for the overall administration and operation of the residence halls housing approximately 500 students. Duties also include selection, training, supervision and evaluation of an RA staff of 8-13. The Area Coordinator will work to create an environment conducive to the academic mission of Ashland University. Additional experiential opportunities are available in a variety of student affairs departments. Currently have 2 openings with anticipated start date of August 1, 2019.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises, trains, evaluates, and selects (8-13) undergraduate Resident Assistants (RA).
- Oversees residential administrative processes (opening/closing, Health and Safety inspection coordination, room changes, RA selection, programming, census reports, Building Service reports, and on-duty responsibilities).
- Supervises the Assistant Resident Directors in advising Hall Council(s) within your area.
- Chairs a Residence Life Committee (student leadership, staff selection, training, in-service).
- Supervises the planning and implementation of RA programs based on Ashland University student learning outcomes.
- Serves on a crisis response duty rotation and uphold University policies.
- Serves as a responsible employee (Clery) and a mandatory reporter (Title IX).
- Facilitates Student Conduct meetings with students in accordance with the Ashland University student code of conduct.
- Meets with students experiencing personal or academic challenges and facilitate connections with campus resources (e.g. Counseling, Center for Academic Success, Records and Registration, etc.) to enhance student success and satisfaction.
- Assists Housing Coordinator with implementation of various housing lotteries and room assignments including the use of housing software.
- Provides professional customer service to students and parents in the Residence Life office.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required. Prefer candidate in process of obtaining Master's degree in College Student Personnel, Higher Education, Human Resources, Business, or related field.
- Prior Residence Life or other experience that demonstrates leadership and active involvement in Student Life.
- Problem solving.
- Excellent customer service.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Highly organized.
- Computer proficient.
- Experience with databases such as Colleague by Ellucian, Advocate by Simplicity, and ERezlife is preferred.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Required to live within the area of supervision.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and non-traditional times when necessary.
Please submit a cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references when applying. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.