Assistant Director, IT Enterprise Data/Programmer Analyst - Information Technology
The Assistant Director, IT Enterprise Data/Programmer Analyst is responsible for planning, developing and integrating enterprise data across Ashland University. This position works under the direction of and provides leadership assistance to the Director, IT Enterprise Data overseeing and leading enterprise data integration (SoftDocs, SharePoint, Slate, and Ellucian Colleague). The Assistant Director will build relationships with colleagues (OIT, Faculty, and Staff), educational partners and end-users to ensure goals for service quality and end-user productivity along with satisfaction are understood and exceeded. This position will assist in directing and coordinating the efforts of the Administration Computing and Enterprise Data department to provide a wide range of evolving customer service, technical support, updates, and user operations. Additionally, they will provide analyses, design, programming and support of assigned business systems in an efficient and economical manner across Ashland University. The position will support Colleague, AU Portal, Policy Software, Slate, SharePoint and SoftDocs, and other data systems.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads and manages a programmer analyst team with oversight of personnel and operational leadership.
- Oversees the development, testing, implementation, maintenance and supports campus data software.
- Works with vendors to get installs, firmware updates, and ongoing issues resolved.
- Leverages business process and data knowledge to match requirements to appropriate solutions.
- Formulates, implements, and enforces proper data policies and procedures under guidance of the Director.
- Establishes rules and procedures for data sharing with upper management and internal/external stakeholders.
- Collaborates with AU staff to analyze requirements, design specifications, develop code, test, troubleshoot, and implement programs into production system.
- Communicates at all levels as a key factor for success utilizing technical documentation, emails, meetings and client updates.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Main campus position with some necessary travel.
- Bachelor's Degree, (Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field. Master's Degree and associated certificates and accreditations related to Information Systems, customer service, etc. preferred.
- Three (3) to five (5) years working with users in requirements gathering, developing, and implementing reports and developing documentation in higher education.
- Solid understanding of database and data warehouse concepts.
- Experience with Ellucian (Colleague), Microsoft (SharePoint etc.), and SoftDocs products is preferred.
- Proven leadership in a successful, customer-centric IT environment.
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills with knowledge of computer applications for data analysis and report development.
- Technical experience with integrating, troubleshooting and repairing database software. preferred.
- Ability to prioritize, schedule and meet deadlines.
- Advanced skills in the use of troubleshooting and repair technology applications.
- Able to work on multiple projects concurrently and meet hard deadlines.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Office environment with some lifting and hauling of equipment up to 60 lbs.
- Some weekend and evening working hours required as needed.
- Availability via cell phone during normal working hours and after hours is a requirement of this position.
- Valid driver's license is required along with the ability to drive to remote locations and attend training as assigned.
A complete job description is on file with Human Resources.
Please submit a cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references when applying. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.