Assistant Football Coach - Athletics
Ashland University is an NCAA Division II institution that competes in the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (GLIAC), one of the most highly respected NCAA Division II conferences in the country. Ashland University offers a comprehensive 24-sport athletic program. The University is located off Interstate 71 in Ashland, Ohio, midway between Cleveland and Columbus.
Ashland University is seeking applications for the position of Assistant Football Coach. This is a full-time position that reports directly to the Head Football Coach and Director of Athletics.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaches proper technique and skill development in various aspects of football. Candidates should have a complete and thorough understanding of football and be able to instruct student-athletes in small group and one-on-one settings.
- Coaches and instructs a position group (examples would be defensive backs, running backs, etc.).
- Participates in practice planning and preparation and film breakdown and study.
- Well-versed and able to instruct student-athletes on physical health, team concepts and team building exercises, team development techniques and safety.
- Thorough understanding of NCAA and GLIAC rules and regulations is required. The assistant coach must adhere to these ru1es and help ensure that the program is in compliance with all rules, regulations and guidelines. The ability to articulate these to student athletes is also required.
- An understanding of Ashland University's mission and goals is required. Applicants must have the ability to explain these to student-athletes.
- Requires the ability to recruit potential student-athletes. The assistant football coach will be required to recruit off campus and be involved in on-campus visits. The position will assist the head coach and the rest of the football staff in developing the overall recruiting plan.
- Could include other duties such as weight room instruction and supervision, working in various football camps and clinics sponsored by the football program, assisting in travel plans and promotional projects and in representing the football program in various on-and off-campus functions.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Previous coaching and/or playing experience on the college level is highly desired.
- The ability to identify and recruit student-athletes is required.
- This position requires well-developed communication skills as well as strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings is required. This position requires extensive travel, both in recruiting and to games.
Please submit a cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three (3) references when applying. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.