Assistant Manager, Hospitality and Business Operations - Auxiliary Services
The Assistant Manager, Hospitality and Business Operations, reports to the Executive Director of Auxiliary Services and is responsible for providing support to the Auxiliary Services office. Auxiliary Services is the umbrella department providing support and direction for the following functions: retail services, dining services, Eagle Card office, catering, conferences, and concessions.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processes and updates catering event requests for events such as on-campus meetings, weddings, lunches, and off-site catering.
- Invoices clients for catering and event services.
- Manages ticket sales for the Ashland University Catering Department Gourmet Dinner Series and commencement luncheon events (1200+ ticket sales annually).
- Manages accounts receivable, revenue, and prepaid catering (deposits) for catering and conference services.
- Reviews the Ashland University Auxiliary Services Department websites for needed updates and makes changes regularly.
- Uses ShopNTell services to create and manage feedback from events contract management.
- Creates and updates contracts related to rentals, catering, events, and conferences.
- Responsible for creating the Chef Camp registration.
- Manages the rental of 4 university-owned apartments (35 units total), 24 university-owned houses, and 2 university-owned retail buildings.
- Communicates maintenance issues to Facilities Management and Planning services operated by the university.
- Coordinates with International Student Services, International Admissions, and Residence Life to provide housing for graduate student population.
- Supervise student interns and coordinate projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, or other related field required.
- Superior organizational skills; is self-motivated, resourceful, detail-oriented and energetic.
- Must be a team player and have outstanding writing, editing, data entry and proofreading skills.
- Able to deal with a wide range of people and varying constituent groups.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects is essential.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and be a quick study on new computer programs.
- Experience with digital media a plus.
A complete position description is on file with Human Resources.
Please submit a cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references when applying. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Hiring for this position is contingent on the availability of funding and/or available budget dollars.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.