Assistant Professor of English (Tenure-Track) and Faculty Director of the Composition Program
Ashland University (www.ashland.edu) seeks an Assistant Professor of English (Tenure-Track) and Faculty Director of the Composition Program beginning August 1, 2018. This is 10 month position with additional stipend for summer duties. The position will involve 12 credits of classroom teaching during the academic year and 12 credits devoted to administration of the Composition Program during the academic year and summer.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaches 12 credit hours of writing and literary studies each year.
- In association with the Department Chair, recruits, hires, observes, trains and develops curriculum for adjunct faculty.
- Monitors returning adjuncts through observations, student evaluations, and other means as appropriate.
- Oversees the Composition Program across all modalities, including fact-to-face and online delivery methods, as well as courses taught through the College Credit Plus Program, Correctional Education, and the College of Adult and Online Studies.
- Advises adjuncts and assists Department Chair with individual student issues in composition.
- Maintains currency and best practices, and engages in scholarship appropriate to the discipline as well as service.
- Serves as advisor to Integrated Language Arts students in the English Department.
- Provides ongoing leadership in curriculum development in composition at both the graduate and undergraduate level.
- Coordinates the Composition Program with the University's Writing Center and the Accent on Writing Initiative.
- Reports to Dean, Core Committee, Assessment Coordinator, and other interested parties regarding composition.
- A completed Ph.D. is required.
- Experience leading and overseeing a composition program.
- Demonstrated excellence in and a strong commitment to undergraduate teaching in a liberal arts setting.
In lieu of clicking "Apply Now" below, please submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, three (3) letters of recommendation, a writing sample, and copies of transcripts to Dr. Hilary Donatini, Chair, at email@example.com. Review of applications will begin May 25, 2018, and continue until the position is filled.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.